Why Have a Site Map?
This is what's called a "User-friendly site map." It lists all the key content of your website in plain English.
Some people prefer to navigate using site maps like this. Visually impaired people like them because they use screen reading software and all the pages are listed in a logical sequence.
How to Make a Site Map
It's easy to make a site map using your Content Management System.
- List all the pages on your website using Notepad or Excel;
- Open a new blank page using a suitable template in your CMS;
- Copy the cells from Excel or the whole file from Notepad and paste them into the new page;
- Now browse your website in another window and copy / paste
the URLs from your web browser into hyperlinks on the relevant lines in your site map;
- NB: don't add a hyperlink to the site map line or you'll create a loop, and confuse the search engines;
- Now add a suitable heading, and you're done!